Re: More carbon trading scams.

On 4 Jun, 11:48, Conor <conor_tur...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <664bf236-06a6-4693-9d29-
3c2a51a13...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug says...

On 3 Jun, 17:19, Conor <conor_tur...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <59982f39-a163-4481-82d5-857839eb85d9
@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, Doug says...

What about oranges, bananas and exotic fruit and veg?

Once again - don't bother with them. Plenty of variety in the UK.

So you want to stop people eating them? What variety is there, from
non-heated greenhouses here in winter?

What about badly
labelled foods?

Once again, they're not.

Yes they are, particularly in small shops. You have no way of knowing
where the fruit and veg comes from.

Apart from the labels which state it, you mean?

What about seasonal foods? Do you just starve in
winter or rely on an energy intensive freezer instead?

Like the one you own?

Answer the question.

I have.

So you do rely on an energy intensive freezer? I do not.

Oh yes, and then there is the question of YOUR food miles, hypocrite.

Once again - 2 miles once a week in a car averaging 57MPG using less
oil than you use cooking.

You DRIVE 2 MILES! What about the rest of your driving?

The ones I do driving to work which I have to do as PT is not an option
and neither is moving the work or me moving to there? After all, if I
moved to work it'd mean I'd have to live in one of those villages where
I'd have to travel 10 miles to the nearest town to do my shopping, the
kids would have to travel 10 miles a day to go to school and if the
wife was to remain working, she'd have to travel 30 miles each way to
work - again due to lack of PT - which is 8 miles more than I have to.

Why is your work so poorly located? Ever though of changing jobs and
living in a large town or city?

Have you even considered that your present difficult position would
never have occurred at all had you not decided to make yourself
totally car dependent in the first place, probably as a result of some
boyish whim?

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/

  • Re: More carbon trading scams.
    ... 3c2a51a1354b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug says... ... Plenty of variety in the UK. ... You DRIVE 2 MILES! ... villages where I'd have to travel 10 miles to the nearest town to do ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: More carbon trading scams.
    ... Doug wrote: ... option and neither is moving the work or me moving to there? ... villages where I'd have to travel 10 miles to the nearest town to do ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: More carbon trading scams.
    ... 3c2a51a1354b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug says... ... Plenty of variety in the UK. ... You DRIVE 2 MILES! ... I'd have to travel 10 miles to the nearest town to do my shopping, ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: Huge rise in traffic choking the roads.
    ... No traffic jams where I live, Doug, or anywhere within 20 miles. ... The easier it is to travel the more people will travel. ...
    (uk.transport)
  • 2008: Big changes coming for frequent flyers?
    ... Ed Perkins on Travel ... Delta will retain the base award level for domestic coach travel ... at the almost universal 25,000 miles. ... Let's call that the "fair chance" level. ...
    (rec.travel.air)