Ian Jelf: Shameless Plug for Free Walk

I occasionally get people from on here asking about the various walks I do around London and have to explain that I don't do "public" ones, only ones arranged for private groups.

Well, this is British Tourism Week and a whole host of London Blue Badge Guides are providing free walks on various "Great British" Themes around the capital.

I - for my sins - am doing "Great British Villains", a walk around Whitechapel and Bethnal Green in the steps of the Kray Twins tomorrow afternoon and - although transport interest is limited to the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster, anyone from utl coming along would be moist welcome and please do say "hello".

The walk starts at Whitechapel Underground Station at 2.00pm and ends back there around 4.00pm.

I stress again that it's FREE (ie there's nothing in it for me or any of my colleagues, other than to promote London and Britain) and you can read more about it and many other walks (which might interest some of even more) at:

http://www.blue-badge-guides.com/ITGD2008-london.html

or

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events/article-23439690-details/Walk+free+i
n+London/article.do