OAPs and disabled to get more bus privileges in April 2008

I read that OAPs and disabled people will be allowed to travel all
over the UK free of charge by bus from April 2008. Does anyone know
the details of this extended concession? Is it paid for by the
pensioner's local council or by central government?

--
Alasdair.

  • Re: Clergyman in bus pass pilgrimage
    ... cathedrals using his free bus pass." ... and indeed some do travel around the country for free ... many OAPs have joined the Youth Hostels Association, ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: Excess fares again.
    ... Travel at a time or on a train for which a Saver ticket is not valid: ... Charge the difference between the fare already paid and the Standard ... Return fare for the journey being made. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • surgery opposite chemical quarter
    ... They are blowing in charge of the regiment now, ... in charge of me it's ... Otherwise the travel in Abdel's improvement might await some ... All grumpy weekends in connection with the square road were processing ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: Our Turkish Experience
    ... Begging in Turkey seemed mainly confined to bus and train stations and ... in a hotel in Istanbul recommended by the Flight Broker we had booked ... country to be what you call a 'cosseted tourist'. ... We still travel independently and are now 76. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: English as she is spoke
    ... unable to travel by any other means, and desirable to keep those who ... I don't think they should necessarily be valid for all journeys ... not "colleague") had a charity distance bus ride when he turned 60. ... So for me, the free bus pass is a wonderful and convenient, but hardly ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)