Recieve/send texts via my broadband wireless modem, (mobile signal/reception is poor).

I was wondering if someone could advise me on this: My house is in an area
that has very weak coverage, by any mobile network. So it is impossible to
carry on a fluent text chat with anyone.

So I am wondering, is there a way I can send and receive the texts to my
phone, by, say, connecting wirelessly to my broadband modem?

Alternatively, is there a way I can set up a computer program so that my
texts are received, via the 'net, on my PC?

I know that some mobile service providers let you send texts, via the web,
to mobile phones. So perhaps the reverse can also be set up somehow?

This might work for me provided the program provides a ringer alert whenver
a text is received.

Many thanks...

Al

  • Re: Recieve/send texts via my broadband wireless modem, (mobile signal/reception is poor).
    ... is there a way I can send and receive the texts to my ... is there a way I can set up a computer program so that my ... I know that some mobile service providers let you send texts, via the web, ... to mobile phones. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Text Messages to Computers
    ... including SMS enabled handsets and interception of the messages ... imagine they have a roomful of clerks with a battery of mobile phones ... Most providers of this sort of service deliver the texts by ... Select a keyword on one of our shared shortcodes, ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Port to new contract with same provider?
    ... >but no wonder there's such a load of rubbish TV shows on like "Beat the ... >mobile. ... to retention's rather than normal Customer Services. ... these cost me 4 texts each out of my inclusive text allowance. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: TU Go launches on O2
    ... The calls use your existing mobile number. ... calls and texts come out of your monthly allowance. ... One bonus will be roaming via WiFi. ... Hint hint: BT are doing a similar thing and giving it a lot of ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Virgin Mobile Co (UK) sending harassing texts
    ... not used your mobile for 365 days, if it is not used within the next ... The first time I got one of these I rang them on 789 ... "chargeable" calls or texts. ... You should also look up threatening in the dictionary, as I see it VM are helping you out. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)