Cheap phone as hotspot?
- From: T i m <news@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:18:13 +0100
We have need to get Internet access on some portable kit (Netbooks,
iPad etc) and the mobile signal isn't very good in that area. So, I
was wondering if something like a basic mobile phone (Android?) would
take my Voda Prepaid SIM from my Voda USB dongle (I think that's what
is is ... it's still got £13 of the £15 credit it came with a few
years ago) and then stick the phone in a plastic bag at the top of a
long pole. ;-)
(This is only a temporary / experiment / solution so the Heath
Robinson approach will be fine). ;-)
Other times it might be used ass a hotspot in the car or where there
isn't any other wired broadband connection so less 'radical' as such.
So, anyone know what might be a good choice of phone for this please?
I know I could get a MiFi or similar but I was thinking a phone would
be more compact and could also be used as a phone if required.
Cheers, T i m
p.s. Son in law has a Blackberry with some data allowance, can they be
turned into hotspots do you know please?
- Prev by Date: Nike air Max 90 87 97 95 TLD TN 2011 2012 Shoes (www.edoplaza.com)
- Next by Date: Re: Cheap phone as hotspot?
- Previous by thread: Nike air Max 90 87 97 95 TLD TN 2011 2012 Shoes (www.edoplaza.com)
- Next by thread: Re: Cheap phone as hotspot?