Did a mobile number exist in 2003?

I have a document dated about 10 years ago that contains a mobile number.

I need to prove whether the date on the document is genuine or not.

Is there any way to check when a specific mobile number first came into use? Would a mobile company play ball in providing that information.

The first five digits are 07768
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

  • Re: Scammers 070x numbers 07033 310314 & 07099 832196
    ... these are personal numbers, assigned to "proper" mobile or landline numbers, ... Has anyone every had a genuine call from a number beginning 070? ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: OT: Re: Weather warning!
    ... > Only genuine 999 calls require an immediate respose and ... > anyone who thinks their own calls regarding business or personal matters ... I've never wanted to carry a mobile. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Did a mobile number exist in 2003?
    ... Les Desser wrote: ... I need to prove whether the date on the document is genuine or not. ... Would a mobile company play ball in providing that information. ... The first five digits are 07768 ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Blacklisted phone
    ... I have just called the guy who I bought it off. ... He seems quite genuine - ... he said that his current mobile was stolen when he was abroad last month ... A possible happy-ending in sight then Steve; good-luck! ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Did a mobile number exist in 2003?
    ... I need to prove whether the date on the document is genuine or not. ... Would a mobile company play ball in providing that information. ... Les Desser ... was allocated to the network, so will definitely be after that date. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)