Samsung Galaxy car charger

I bought an adaptor to convert the cigarette lighter into a USB socket. I
thought this would allow me to power my Samsung Galaxy Ace whilst I was
driving, which is essential considering how Satnav, music apps will zap
the already poor battery life.

But after plugging it in, the light comes on on the adaptor but the phone
doesn't start charging. It's possible that either the adaptor is faulty
or my car doesn't provide enough power to charge the phone. I could
purchase a lead specifically designed for my phone, but before I do that
has anyone had success getting this model of phone to charge in a car?

  • Re: Samsung Galaxy car charger
    ... the light comes on on the adaptor but the phone ... or my car doesn't provide enough power to charge the phone. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Samsung Galaxy car charger
    ... the light comes on on the adaptor but the phone ... or my car doesn't provide enough power to charge the phone. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: inductive or resistive load
    ... I'm trying to make a board for controlling AC loads. ... able of swithing on/off the AC power supply. ... adaptor, assuming that the total consumption of the equipment that it ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • inductive or resistive load
    ... I'm trying to make a board for controlling AC loads. ... able of swithing on/off the AC power supply. ... adaptor, assuming that the total consumption of the equipment that it ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: svchost.exe - Application Error after waking up from standby
    ... Indeed the power mgmt of the ... Ethernet adaptor had "Allow the computer to turn off device to save ... The one article I found on the error mentioned that malware had recently ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)