Re: BT blocking incoming emails with attachments

On 23/08/2010 07:18, v.meldrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The other day I emailed a document (with a .docx extension) to a @btinternet.com address. It did not arrive, I did resend it but it still
vanished although emails with no attachments or other types (e.g. .pdf) get through OK.

The problem has been solved - my associate has now set up an address with one of the many webmail providers and that is working OK, but I
would be interested in knowing whether this problem is widespread with BT's email system.

My sister has ongoing problems receiving e-mails with BT (@btinternet.com), with or without attachments, even PDFs get dropped silently. My advice is to never use your ISPs mail service. Get your own domain name and host your mail elsewhere (e.g. http://www.1and1.co.uk) - then when you want to dump your ISP you can do it with less hassle.

Biggles

  • Re: BT blocking incoming emails with attachments
    ... vanished although emails with no attachments or other types (e.g. ... .pdf) get through OK. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: pdf virus was Re: Virus card mail
    ... I've been getting lots of emails with .pdf ... attachments. ... This particular virus, known as Peachy, only affects Acrobat, the ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: BT blocking incoming emails with attachments
    ... I did resend it but it still ... vanished although emails with no attachments or other types (e.g. .pdf) ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • no open attachment option
    ... Emails that contain attachments other than pdf will not open when clicked ... time or not is checked and gray, i.e., I can't clear the check. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: OE6 - cant send emails with attachments
    ... Tried increasing the timeout slider under Tools/Accounts, ... > attachments, and emails without attachments fine - ... Trying to send via a different email account from ...