Re: BT blocking incoming emails with attachments

On 23/08/2010 07:18, v.meldrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The other day I emailed a document (with a .docx extension) to a @btinternet.com address. It did not arrive, I did resend it but it still
vanished although emails with no attachments or other types (e.g. .pdf) get through OK.

The problem has been solved - my associate has now set up an address with one of the many webmail providers and that is working OK, but I
would be interested in knowing whether this problem is widespread with BT's email system.

My sister has ongoing problems receiving e-mails with BT (@btinternet.com), with or without attachments, even PDFs get dropped silently. My advice is to never use your ISPs mail service. Get your own domain name and host your mail elsewhere (e.g. http://www.1and1.co.uk) - then when you want to dump your ISP you can do it with less hassle.

Biggles
.