Re: BT blocking incoming emails with attachments

PeeGee wrote:

On 23/08/10 07:18, v.meldrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The other day I emailed a document (with a .docx extension) to a
@btinternet.com address. It did not arrive, I did resend it but it still
vanished although emails with no attachments or other types (e.g.
.pdf) get through OK.

How large is the docx file that gets lost compared to the pdf file that arrives? No bounce or reject messages in either your or the recipient's spam folder?

The problem has been solved - my associate has now set up an address
with one of the many webmail providers and that is working OK, but I
would be interested in knowing whether this problem is widespread with
BT's email system.

I have had a similar problem with other e-mail providers. The solution I
used was to zip the file which has the added benefits of making the
attachment much smaller (usually) and "forcing" the recipient to extract
to the file system rather than open directly.

docx files are already zipped, so won't help in this case.

.