Re: Faxing from my PC and DSL?

JEFF TURNER wrote:

*Now it seems that there are problems in continuing to FAX from my PC (now Windows XP Pro.).

Did you disable or remove your dialup modem when you upgraded to DSL? If so, reinstall it but don't enable it for networking. Then let XP install a fax printer.

*Is there something I can do to still fax from my PC over my great DSL line?*

You can't fax /over/ DSL, but you can fax via the plain old phone line, just like before. Just make sure your faxmodem is plugged into a filtered socket.

  • Re: Faxing from my PC and DSL?
    ... (now Windows XP Pro.). ... Did you disable or remove your dialup modem when you upgraded to DSL? ... reinstall it but don't enable it for networking. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Xp will not start
    ... I formated the partition and reinstalled XP Pro after another crash and did ... Since I got rid of the AIW card and went to a separate video card and TV ... I can't see updating to PCIe and have to reinstall everything else ...
  • Clean installation of XP Pro fails
    ... A customer has asked me to reinstall XP Pro for him from a Genuine Advantage ... I've booted off the CD and selected the options to reformat the disk and do ... I've also tried install XP Pro to a different disk, with the same failure, ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
    ... if you do a Repair Install it will not overwrite you data. ... later upgraded to XP Pro, and have used the Pro exclusively for about 2 ... I obtained an XP Pro reinstall disk, accessed the recovery console, ... I suppose if I swap drives, ...
  • Re: Update Office 2003 SP1 Failed
    ... This reinstall may also solve your SP1 installation problem. ... > inserted original CD from Office XP Pro instead of Office ... it opens in Office XP Pro. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)