Re: Virgin ... what do you think?
- From: bornfree <justyouandme@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:15:00 -0800 (PST)
On 7 Feb, 12:25, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I recently upgraded from a NTL dialup to a Virgin 8mb package. I have been
through the settling down period during which speeds would sometimes run at
2, 3 or even 4mb. At other times they were much lower, 300kbs, or even
200kbs. I expected that. Now I am consistently on a speed a little above
400kbs, the "minimum" level which is considered acceptable, and since the
line clearly can support a much higher speed, I feel a little annoyed that I
am being given what seems to be the minimum VM can get away with.
I have ordered a new microfilter to see if that makes any difference. I
have already done all the things normally advised, none of which make any
difference. The downstream attenuation is about 34db, line noise about 9db,
the connection speed over 6mb.
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be interested, though I realise there are
probably thousands of people in exactly the same position.
Virgin are rubbish.
I think that just about settles it!! :D *big grin*
- Prev by Date: Re: Virgin Media - "Truth, Lies and Broadband" ASA Adjudication
- Next by Date: Re: 1and1 hosting, are they idiots???
- Previous by thread: Re: Virgin ... what do you think?
- Next by thread: Re: Virgin ... what do you think?