Re: Newbie laptop question - broadband?

I just took a look at the settings on my Sony Ericsson F500 and it appears that you can have it check automatically for mail at various intervals - 5 minutes was the shortest I think. I guess it will alert you if it gets any new messages but I don't use this feature so I can't say for sure.

Cheers

James.