Re: BBC & ITV to trial multicasting
- From: Geoff Clare <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:54:01 +0000
"Tim Downie" <timdownie2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, on Thu, 09 Mar 2006:
Users need a broadband connection and the latest version of a media
player to access the multicasting service.
And the right router (which mine isn't) :-(
Nor mine (Draytek Vigor 2600).
I've been wondering if there is a way to get it working by setting up
multicast routing on a Linux box, and setting a static route on the
Draytek to send all packets for 188.8.131.52/4 to the Linux box.
Anyone here know enough about multicast to advise whether that is
Geoff Clare <netnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Prev by Date: Re: BTBroadband DNS? problems
- Next by Date: Re: BTBroadband DNS? problems
- Previous by thread: Re: BBC & ITV to trial multicasting
- Next by thread: Re: BBC & ITV to trial multicasting