Wanadoo broadband - only synchronizes if dial up is connecting...
- From: Richard Faulkner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 03:16:33 +0000
Thanks for the bits of advice re the flashing lights on the Speedtouch 330 modem.
It seems that the broadband service was activated today, but the ADSL will only connect, (and the green light stop flashing), if I start the Wanadoo dial up service. Half way through the dial up connecting, the light stops flashing, and ADSL will connect - I can then disconnect the dial up. It will then connect again and again until the PC is turned off and back on again, when the dial up needs to be used as a kind of catalyst to get the broadband synchronized.
Is this likely to be something I'm doing wrong at my end, or is it at their end?
I hope this makes sense.... <g>
Oh! And it only connects at between 600kbps and 1Mbps, rather than the 8Mbps they advertise.
Richard Faulkner .
- Prev by Date: Re: Can I get faster than 512 on these figures? Talk Talk says no.
- Next by Date: Re: Can I get 2Meg with these figures?
- Previous by thread: Is it just Plusnet?
- Next by thread: no nte5 master socket and ADSL troubleshooting