Re: Leaving Tiscali Datastream

Migrated from Tiscali datastream via MAC to PlusNet in less than a week. No
problems at all.

Marc

"Bob" <this@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:48:19 +0000, Cullen Skink wrote:
>
>> "Bob" <this@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> I've bitten the bullet and canceled Tiscali. Unfortunately I'm on
>>> datastream, so I'm going to have to wait for BT to remove the marker
>>> (after my remaining 10 days of peak-download frenzy).
>>>
>>> How do I actually find out when the the line is free?
>>
>> Do Tiscali not provide MACs? I'm on Virgin.net, which is also DataStream
>> but as far as I know they will issue a code for migrating elsewhere.
>
> They do, but ukonline told me they can only migrate me if I have an
> ipstream MAC and not the datastream MAC that Tiscali gave me.
>
> I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a better idea that doesn't involve
> weeks without adsl. Basically I would be happy with Ticali's AUP if only
> they would stick to their end and give me unlimited off-peak. In practice
> they limit everything but HTTP to download speed, even off-peak. I don't
> need more than 512kb/s, but I don't want to spend more than I'm paying
> Tiscali.

  • Re: Leaving Tiscali Datastream
    ... >>> I've bitten the bullet and canceled Tiscali. ... >>> datastream, so I'm going to have to wait for BT to remove the marker ... > ipstream MAC and not the datastream MAC that Tiscali gave me. ... > they would stick to their end and give me unlimited off-peak. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Leaving Tiscali Datastream
    ... >> I've bitten the bullet and canceled Tiscali. ... > You can get a MAC from Tiscali now, ... ipstream MAC and not the datastream MAC that Tiscali gave me. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Leaving Tiscali Datastream
    ... >> I've bitten the bullet and canceled Tiscali. ... I'm on Virgin.net, which is also DataStream ... ipstream MAC and not the datastream MAC that Tiscali gave me. ... they would stick to their end and give me unlimited off-peak. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Tiscali cancellation and MAC codes?
    ... Tiscali do not seem to have an escalation proceedure. ... I note your concern that Tiscali will not give you a MAC ... >> As migrations from DataStream to IPStream are not yet available Tiscali ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: changing ISP
    ... got my MAC No. and I have sent it off to Plusnet. ... Tiscali say it takes ... they would speak English he said no so I said I wanted the MAC code. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)