>>> Down Bits Per Frame: 2732
>>> Startup Attempts: 1
>>> Up CRC Errors: 0
>>> Down CRC Errors: 0
>>> Up FEC Errors: 0
>>> Down FEC Errors: 0
>>> Up HEC Errors: 0
>>> Down HEC Errors: 0
>>>
>>> So going by that, I'd say my connection was more or less perfect,
>>> but then maybe theres something else going on that my modem won't
>>> show me...
>>>
>>> CNet thing which appears as:
>>> CONEXANT SYSTEMS, INC.
>>> ACCESS RUNNER ADSL CONSOLE PORT 3.46
>>>

>> Must admit they are looking good, have you done any trace routes to
>> find out where the slow down is happening. I still use NeoTrace to
>> check mine (easy & simple just like me) but it may point you to
>> something. Unfortunately with speeds issues (other than synch
>> problems there is very little the engineer can officially do for
>> you).
>>
>> You have, off course, checked for any Mal-ware/spy-ware haven't you
>> as this can slow down the legitimate apps which you are trying to
>> run..
>
> I don't think theres any viruses running on my Linux boxes... :)
>
> However, I've been going through this with Zen for some time which is
> why they have called BT in - I am regularly connecting to the BT
> speed-test site which I understands logs my tests so BT and Zen can
> see them - I'd have though that would more or less eliminate and ISP
> issues (which traceroute might show, etc). The BT test give me speeds
> which vary through the day. I'm also downloading files from various
> well-connected places (I run my own co-located server farm, and
> maintain various other networks) so I'm sure it's not problems
> through the ISP...
>
> Disconnect from Zen, connect to BT speed_test thingy, run their test,
> reconnect back to Zen:
>
> 253 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have
> been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.
>
> About a 10th of what I ought to get )-:
>
> But oddly enough upstream runs fine! (When eg. I FTP a file to one
> of my servers)
>
> ftp> put testfile.bin
> 200 PORT command successful
> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for testfile.bin
> 226 Transfer complete.
> 1048576 bytes sent in 32.23 secs (31.8 kB/s)
>
> ftp> get testfile.bin
> 200 PORT command successful
> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for testfile.bin (1048576
> bytes) 226 Transfer complete.
> 1048576 bytes received in 36.89 secs (27.8 kB/s)
>
> I've been through the MTU stuff too, but as the speed varys by quite
> a lot I don't think it's that either!
>
> Roll on Monday! (Which is when BT come)

Just don't expect to much...

  • Re: Losing my rag with ISA and CA ETrust
    ... and got the same result of a hang the ... > I've tried just making an ftp connection to ftp.microsoft.com from the ... > I can make the connection OK and authenticate using anonymous but when I ... > 200 PORT command successful. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: packet pass through vs ftp -- performance weirdity
    ... speed and mode of the card " ... > firewall to someplace out in the world through a slow dsl connection, ... > If I ftp or use a browser to ftp from the fbsd box ... > This makes absolutely no sense to me, given the relative speeds of the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: RPM Meter
    ... 220-Welcome to the UAB CIS ftp server ... Using binary mode to transfer files. ... 200 PORT command successful. ... 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: MPE FTP transfer into HFS namespace
    ... ftp> open 192.168.219.1 ... 200 PORT command successful. ... mget TEST.1.1? ... 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for ./TEST.1.1. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • ftp problem
    ... 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password. ... 200 PORT command successful ... 425 Unable to build data connection: ... ftp> quti ...
    (freebsd-questions)