Re: Thomson BIG problems
- From: "ABC" <simonbray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:26:05 -0000
"Len Cuff" <len.cuff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:34:24 GMT, Len Cuff <len.cuff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I got a DTI6300-16 from my dad who no longer wanted it. Set it all up
and it all seemed to work fine. I left it in standby for a while - a
couple of weeks (!) as I have SKY plus and was going to sell it. When
I tried it again, it all works fine UNTIL I plug an aerial in!! As
soon as I plug the aerial in, the whole thing locks up and then start
a cycle of rebooting every few minutes. If I disconnect the aerial
then it turns on fine and stays on. I can even play recorded programs
OK as well. I've also noticed that when I switch it on with the aerial
connected, and the menu selected, it's fine until the date and time
appear in the menu bar. As soon as these appear the box locks up!
Any ideas please? Is there a factory default option I can try?
Sorted!! In case anyone else has this problem then there is a 'hidden'
You can factory reset, and a HDD format...you will lose all
Press Menu > 4 > 6 > Green button, and you will see the options at the
Why on earth don't the manufactures let people know these options are
They hide these things because:
1. They don't want all and sundry going through the engineers menus and
resetting the box. Just imagine the support calls to the manufacturers
2. It's a good way to make a customer part with his money.
- Prev by Date: Re: Box that records Freeview + analog input?
- Next by Date: Re: Help with Toppy please.
- Previous by thread: Re: Thomson BIG problems
- Next by thread: Re: Thomson BIG problems