Re: O/T the future of FM radio
- From: "Woody" <harrogate3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:53:40 +0100
"Bill Wright" <insertmybusinessname@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Derek F" <lordpilrigNOX@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The mini Hi Fi we have in the bedroom has packed up. Before we
what is happening to FM and AM radio after Britain goes
Digital in 2012.
I also seem to remember that DAB radio is also under threat.
We just want
another Cheapie but no point in buying obsolescence.
Sorry if this appears twice
I suggest you ignore all prognostications of radio obsolescence
and buy what you want to buy.
And to add to that, 2012 is the completion of analogue TV
switch-off - It has nothing to do with radio.
The Carter Report of a few weeks ago suggested that HMG should
aim to switch of analogue radio (that is VHF and MW) by 2015 -
around the same time as the French and Germans give or take - but
I suspect it will be much later than that. DAB as we know it has
a long way to go yet. The rest of Europe will probably adopt DAB+
which is not backwards compatible with what we have now, so
there's going to be 8m DAB radios obsolete as well as 150m+ FM
radios in the UK.
harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
- Prev by Date: Re: Satellite Dish & TV Aerial Alignment Calculators
- Next by Date: Re: O/T the future of FM radio
- Previous by thread: Re: O/T the future of FM radio
- Next by thread: Re: O/T the future of FM radio