Re: TV via GPS?

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:05:15 -0000, Roderick Stewart <escapetime@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <enjqoj$qnk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Graham wrote:
This might not be the brightest question of the day but is there any
potential at all to deliver TV via GPS to an in-car Sat-Nav system?

Stan

Well, it wouldn't have occurred to me to ask that particular question,
however, given the excellent LCD display in my Tomtom One, it's
a shame it can't be used for other purposes eg. a monitor for a
reversing camera, or indeed, a TV.

I think it's illegal to install a TV screen in a vehicle where the driver
can see it, but the expensive version of the Toyota built-in satnav
system does also use the screen with reversing cameras, as you suggest.

Rod.

It may be illegal, but I saw someone with a small LCD screen just below
the radio console which was displaying an episode of Friends while they
were driving. I don't know if it was a TV broadcast or a DVD being
displayed though.

Fred X

.