Re: Can Humax PVR9200T store normal data files?

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:
The 1st and 3rd times I had to reinstall I don't think I had any
options, because when it booted up it rebooted each time before you
got to the DOS prompt or the safe start thing.

That was the situation I was in when I did my "heroic" repairs, so it is
possible to recover even from that state. It was a lot of work however, and
adequate backups are probably preferable (and are in any case essential in
the event of a total hard drive failure).

Too late now, of course, but if your radio recordings were very important to
you, you could have done a fresh install to a new primary hard drive, and
then mounted the second drive. I suspect all your data would have been
recoverable in that way without any hard work!

  • Re: A solution for the allocation failures problem
    ... sweat the details bad enough and do the hard work. ... can handle and recover from all recoverable malloc errors. ... You can customize the fixitup operation as needed. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Even when theyre right, theyre wrong
    ... I don't feel safe to drive. ... But just trying to push 24 MB of images to a freemail provider in one ... Segovia on the value of hard work: ... rung by rung - although they have wings. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! - unbootable system
    ... I just want to know what's the best way to recover from a 2000/2003 server ... there another method of recovering Windows Server 2003 without having to do a reformat/reinstall? ... If you have no clue what is happening you can always place the disk in a working installation and do file comparison and safe some files you like to have but can not use the backup. ...
  • Re: frustration!
    ... >>> Dude, back up your data. ... >> If you can recover it ... ... >>> on floppy disks, or print it out. ... Should be safe. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: r8169 mac address change (was Re: [0/3] 2.6.19-rc2: known regressions)
    ... re-compiling the kernel again with the disabled call to ... recover. ... that phy_reset doesn't seem to be very safe either. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)