Re: LCD TV Resolution Question(s)

"Simon Chambers" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DPm9g.425>

If you change you computer's resolution
to (say) 1368 * 768 you will see the entire displayed picture is fuzzy and
not sharp.

Because the aspect ration is 1.78125 not 1.33(.)

That is the effect that I am assuming will also be present on LCD
TVs.

Doesn't happen.

But you should be prepared for noticing shortcomings in the signal
elivery - any tv better than your current one will make these more
obvious. To help in any purchasing decision, I suggest you follow my advice
given many a time and oft in this ng regarding taking a small but varied
selection of DVDs around the shops to view on the most likely sets.

  • Re: A simple question...
    ... I often remarks here about the limited screen resolution requiring one ... My monitor can't realistically display anything bigger ... But that's still not the same thing as seeing a really sharp 8 x 10 ... And that is exactly what Lange had to deal with on her 4 x 5 ground glass. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: A simple question...
    ... I often remarks here about the limited screen resolution requiring one ... My monitor can't realistically display anything bigger ... But that's still not the same thing as seeing a really sharp 8 x 10 ... And that is exactly what Lange had to deal with on her 4 x 5 ground glass. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Display resolution problem on Mac Mini
    ... My first Mac computer. ... I connected a new Mini to my Sharp Aquos TV ... negotiated this resolution using some HDMI protocol. ... When I look at the System Preferences / Display application of the Mac, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sizing after Crop
    ... Assuming the original is sharp, he has a sharp new image that ... Note that 1080i is actually LESS vertical resolution than720p!!! ... if I do a crop as suggested to retain ... Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Blurry tv picture on full screen mode
    ... > If I watch tv on a 19" television it's sharp. ... >> The resolution of the TV picture is approximately 640x480. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)