Re: Topfield TF5800 ventilation - Adverts

Phil Pickard wrote:

>"Phil Cook" <uktdtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Phil Pickard wrote:

>>>I want to put a DVD player on top of a set top box on a base shelf under
>>>my
>>>TV. I wanted to know if this would compromise either the DVD player or the
>>>set top box.

>> How much space is there to the shelf above with the two items on it?
>> How big are the feet on the DVD player.? I'd want as much space around
>> the Topfied as possible. In my case the Topfield is on top of the DVD
>> player.

>There is plenty of room above the shelf (12-18 inches). Would I need to
>space the DVD player (which is about 20x20 cm and has feet about 1cm high)
>at some distance above the 'Toppy' to keep both machines adequately
>ventilated?

Well the Toppy is Size(W x H x D) 340 x 60 x 265 mm and I'd certainly
prefer it on top but given your DVD width of about 200mm it seems that
you might have to do a bodge twith a couple of blocks of wood or such
like to achieve that. But then 1cm feet are pretty big so you might
get awyay with it. Suck it and see :-)

  • Re: A/V equipment dimensions for furniture design
    ... I needed something to hold my amp, DVD player, VHS player/recorder, ... Each 3/4" ply shelf has a curved front and a curved rear ... with hardwood lips on each edge. ... open corner allows for wiring management and air movement. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Budget AV equipment racks?
    ... rack wide enough for me to have my AV amp and DVD player next to each ... The amp is 430mm wide and the DVd plater 435mm side. ... shelf would have to be in the region of 200+ mm... ... That rack would cost you about 30 quid from Argos (if they still do ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... > license agreement. ... THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, ... I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... > license agreement. ... THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, ... I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then. ...
    (comp.security.unix)