Re: Why do R1 & R2 FM sound so bad

charles wrote:
In article <_MJui.18897$6z6.9306@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DAB sounds worse than FM <dab.is@dead> wrote:
charles wrote:
In article <wxBui.18785$6z6.4930@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DAB sounds worse than FM <dab.is@dead> wrote:
charles wrote:

but Grundig ( when they really were Grundig) made very good
radios.

Oh, anything to apologise for your past masters, eh Charles.

Sorry, what on earth does that mean?

It means that you're an ex-BBC man who tries to apologise for the
incompetent decisions taken by the Corporation wrt DAB at each and
every opportunity.

I'm not mentioning DAB, I'm talking about poor quality FM reception.

Basically, Charles, whenever there's a DAB vs FM thread on here or
uk.tech.digital-tv I can almost guarantee you'll chip in on the side
of DAB.

Yep, good scientific analysis.

Scientific analysis, my arse, this is Usenet you prick.

Make up your mind, don't both with
facts.

English, please.

My reference to Grundig, as you show above, was with reference to FM
radio. I said nothing about DAB, but you don't even bother to read
what I wrote, because you 'know' I favour DAB.

This was on a DAB vs FM sub-thread, which is why you popped up to give you
BBC apologist nonsense.

  • Re: ofcom and L-Band
    ... des radios DAB pour 80 euro, et dans la plus-part des magasins, toutes les radios était vendu dans 2 jours. ... Le DAB les donne une quality de radio qui est meux de FM, pas a cause du flux, mais parceque c'est beaucoup plus stable et avec moins de bruits. ... DAB is a FTA-product which has to make it by itself. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: DAB Feedback 11/01/02
    ... >> I think you will find that most DAB radios sold are small portables, ... >> the so-called 'kitchen radios'. ... The present implementation of DAB is ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • DAB+/Wi-Fi radios due by end of the year
    ... Frontier Silicon partners with other industry leaders to deliver world's ... first range of DAB+ radios ... Live DAB+ demonstration on the Factum Electronics stand at IBC, ... Silicon, and Fraunhofer IIS, worldwide experts in audio coding, have teamed ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: DAB+/Wi-Fi radios due by end of the year
    ... Frontier Silicon partners with other industry leaders to deliver world's ... first range of DAB+ radios ... Live DAB+ demonstration on the Factum Electronics stand at IBC, ... Silicon, and Fraunhofer IIS, worldwide experts in audio coding, have teamed ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • DAB Radio weathers the retail storm at Christmas
    ... One ray of sunshine in a gloomy Christmas season for retailers was DAB digital radio which this year continued its tradition of strong sales, with more than half a million products sold in December alone. ... Top selling products included DAB clock radios with docking stations, kitchen radios and an in-car DAB adapter. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)