Re: BBC FM networks borked

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article <eirui.11961$Db6.1475@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DAB sounds worse than FM <> wrote:

But anyway, you've admitted that you don't listen to the 128 kbps
music stations at home, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Perhaps when you grow up a bit you'll realise your opinion isn't the
only valid one. Oh - and you're in the minority. The vast majority
who buy and use DAB are satisfied by it. But then that never matters
to those with a mission.

The vast majority of DAB owners (a) own portable radios, and (b) have fallen
for the hype because DAB is digital and therefore is supposed to be better,
and they're I'm afraid naive.

Steve - - Digital Radio News & Info

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Explanation of errors on codecs: MP2 is superiour
    ... overall argument about DAB and the sub-argument about the robustness of MP2, ... This is just an internet NG. ... Which is *your* opinion. ... How much has this cost you? ...
  • Re: Roberts Gemini 49
    ... In the vast, vast majority of cases, theory gets things right, though. ... Otherwise why did they bother to test DAB+ before standardising it, and why are they bothering to test DRM+. ... However when astronomers actually found a way to measure it a few years ago, they found that the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating. ...
  • Re: FM - Switchover
    ... "In your opinion, what is the best form of transmission currently available?" ... The point is that DAB+ is more efficient. ... and those that originate in stereo are broadcast in stereo. ...
  • Re: Good news for Radio 3 listeners. Not so good for 32kbps trailer fans.
    ... I can discriminate to the slightest degree the miniscule difference in ... R1 DAB, and usually it is miles better than it. ... I don't work for the BBC, so how the f*ck should I know how many complaints ... reason for it to receive any higher bit rate than the other music stations. ...