Re: DRS producing more LBWs for bowlers?
- From: "Brian Lawrence" <Brian_W_Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:41:01 -0000
"David North" <dnorth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What if you separate pace and spin bowlers? The impression I get is that DRS is thought to
help spinners in particular. Pace bowlers might tend to lose lbws, especially where the ball
is found to have been going over the top of the stumps.
Yes I think that is correct. I don't plan on doing that research, but I can say
that since DRS was first trialled in July '08, the top 3 countries in terms of
the highest percentage of LBWs are Sri Lanka (20%), Pakistan (19%) & India (17%).
The lowest four are Australia (12%), Zimbabwe (11%), South Africa (10%) & West
Indies (10%). Zimbabwe have only played a few matches, so probably should be
excluded. I suspect that a large proportion of Sri Lanka, Pakistan &
India's LBWs over that period would have been taken by spinners.
- Prev by Date: Re: DRS producing more LBWs for bowlers?
- Next by Date: Re: drop Tremlett and Pieterson and maybe Bell too
- Previous by thread: Re: DRS producing more LBWs for bowlers?
- Next by thread: Re: DRS producing more LBWs for bowlers?