Re: Look out it's back

"Stuart A. Bronstein" <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

john wright <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you got Agent to work on Windows 7? I tried it on a 64 bit
version and it didn't work. After some mucking about I got
Thunderbird working on a 32 bit version of Windows 7

How do you like Windows 7? I tried Vista and hated it - it seemed to
have no advantages over XP, but (even with 4gb RAM) crashed several
times a day. Now I'm back to XP and have been happy with it.

People seem to say that Windows 7 is not really much better than XP but
way better than Vista. I don't know much myself. I found Windows 2000
Pro okay but from here it seems like they've gone downhill since NT 4!
I found one particular Vista machine almost unusuable in being slow and
confusing. I've not seen Windows 7 much yet so I'll also be interested
in comparisons with XP.

Mind you, I'm not typical. I don't even like Mac OS X, though I had gone
in expecting to be impressed with the GUI. The last pretty graphical
environment that I much liked I think was the Commodore Amiga's with
some of the later concurrent-operations tweaks -- I'm not sure things
have much improved since!

Mark

  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... You can also install it in a classic way in 2K (and XP, and 2003 and Vista) by ... That may be a good basis of comparison for you, but to someone who is already displeased with the previous standard of operation of Windows, what should that mean? ... It can be done on XP or OS/2, ... Consider: full-screen apps. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)