Re: Meanwhile Back at the Ranch

Col wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

'The seasons are not caused by the tilt of the Earth,the seasons are
caused by daily rotation and the orbital motion of the Earth,each
with its specifics characteristics.It takes people with common sense
to work out the details and when they do they will have little
appetite for childish affairs and nuisances who believe humans can
control global temperatures.

The seasons are caused by the tilt of the earth, but the tilt itself
doesn't change.
If there was no tilt, there would be no seasons, well except perhaps
for a slight variation due to the Earth having an elliptical rather
than a spherical orbit.

Circular orbit?
:)
Roger

  • Re: Fair orbital question
    ... The 'tilt' does NOT vary. ... the simple motion attached to orbital motion where a location turns ... component of orbital motion,I do mind that there is nobody around who ... I am delighted that you believe that the tilt of the Earth varies to ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Theres still time to celebrate the TRUE meaning of this season
    ... PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF EARTH AND SOLAR SYSTEM NECESSARY TO SUPPORT LIFE ... Tilt of earth's axis gives us our moderate seasons. ...
    (uk.philosophy.atheism)
  • Re: Those of us trying to help Kelleher
    ... nature of the orbit ... sun is directly over head. ... knowing the tilt, the eliptical nature of the orbit and the angle ... the orbit of the Earth and the elliptical nature of that ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Alternative to the analemma hoax
    ... When the middle of the Sun (the Eye being ... seasonal variations. ... by exaggerating the angle of the sun and using a spherical Earth. ... there is a tilt of the analemma. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: First time view of a planet
    ... system as this plane is supposed to be the main plane of Sun's rotation ... If the angles given on that page are the right ones, the tilt of the ... Earth rotation axis measured relative to the Ecliptic ...
    (uk.sci.astronomy)