Re: Prehistoric CO2 levels & climate change

In message <edd2hd$ror$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Crozier <stonedecroze@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes

"Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I've tried Googling for this, but I just can't seem to find the right
question to ask.

What I'm looking for, if possible, is a graph showing that changing CO2
levels are linked to warming trends in the global climate - preferably
ones covering hundreds of thousands, or even millions of years back (to
eliminate the human factor).
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Hi Paul

If you are interested in millions of years then the only authority I have
come across is Professor Robert Berner - profile at:
http://earth.geology.yale.edu/people/moreinfo.cgi?netid=berner

and you can see his atmospheric CO2 concentrations plotted against global
temperatures at:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Carboniferous_climate.html (scroll down)

I seem to recall that he is particularly interested in the Permian when
global temps and CO2 levels were unusually low like the present day and then
began to increase in tandem but I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the
paper. Maybe some more googling would unearth it.

Thank you - this is the sort of thing I was looking for.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)
.