Re: Tornadoes in hurricanes

Waghorn wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knew of any links on the web that went into the
formation of tornadoes within hurricanes?  >> Simon

Googling for tornadoes in hurricanes got me precious little. I'm sure Harold Brooks could advect in at this point - and point you to somewhere useful.... (:

Les

Preempting HB see-
http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~schultz/papers/verboutetal05b.pdf

Tornado Outbreaks Associated with Landfalling Hurricanes by Verbout, Schultz, Leslie, Brooks, Karoly, and Elmore
I'm sure he can add more,

Nice one Waghorn - didn't know you were back!

Cheers -

Les
--
Les Crossan,
Wallsend, Tyne & Wear

  • Re: BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Warming link to big hurricanes
    ... > world - hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones - are intensifying. ... and hurricanes in the US for each year (the CEI Step 6). ... hurricane problem and climate. ... Harold Brooks ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Tornadoes in hurricanes
    ... > Googling for tornadoes in hurricanes got me precious little. ... > Harold Brooks could advect in at this point - and point you to somewhere ... Tornado Outbreaks Associated with Landfalling Hurricanes by Verbout, ...
    (uk.sci.weather)