ATT European Astronomy Show in Essen Germany

Hi all,

I've just returned from my second working visit to the ATT European
Astronomy Show in Essen Germany.

The show is approximately 4 times the size of Astrofest in London and many
bargains and new products to be had.

We are thinking of running a trip next year where by UK amateurs can come
along and see what the show is about for themselves whilst we work. I can
assure you it is worth the trip.

Would anyone here be interested in coming with us in 2008?

Cheers

Andy

  • Re: My Interest in Astronomy is?
    ... actually go outside and look upward? ... Got into astronomy as I'm getting older, looking to explore old interests I hadn't had time, money or ability for. ... I participate in star parties as weather and health permit, recently taking a trip with the scope to a national park for a few nights to share with the visitors there. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • astronomy safaris
    ... We all know the popularity of guest observatories, they are great places for astronomical vacationing, but they are expensive and lately are not sited in the best locations for astronomy. ... The reason being that no one want to spend the whole trip in a trailer, the best nights would be spent observing from high altitude remote sites. ... A FWD truck would be able to get us into the badlands in style and comfort and a brand new 31' camper outfitted with not only the comfort features but a computer CCD lab/library would allow computerized observing from a comfy cabin and a warm ready room for serious study of the sky ON-THE-GO. ... The Days would offer exciting photo and recreational opportunities as well. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)