Re: Bible far ahead of ancient astronomers!
- From: "Larry Wilson" <misha_linword@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:25:18 GMT
Yeah, well that's a circular argument. My position is to look at as many
possible interpretations and give the Jews the benefit of the doubt since
your interpretation isn't particularly any better than anybody else's,
right? As long as at least _one_ interpretation works, it would be
pertinent. For those who are interest in ancient astronomy and who knew
what first. But I suppose that's not of great interest here it would seem.
People like their fantasies, for sure .... maybe on both sides of the fence
more than I realized.
"Ron Larham" <larhamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Larry Wilson" <misha_linword@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hello Tea Time: Ordinarily I would not engage in a Biblical debate of
>> interpretation but, I'm curious as to why you say, "...just six days." I
>> hope you don't think these were 24-hour days. Days in the Bible have
>> different lengths and the "Creative Days" were 7,000 years long each.
> [crap cut]
> Paraphrase, the bible is literally true, you just have to find
> the right dictionary so that the particular arrangement of
> words therein fits with the meaning you need it to have today.
- Prev by Date: Re: Bible far ahead of ancient astronomers!
- Next by Date: Re: Bible far ahead of ancient astronomers!
- Previous by thread: Re: Bible far ahead of ancient astronomers!
- Next by thread: Re: Bible far ahead of ancient astronomers!