Re: Is the Pope the Vicar of Christ? Can he change God's laws?

On 15/10/2010 10:34, rasell wrote:
On 14 Oct, 18:23, Mark Goodge<use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
We use non-alcholic wine, grape juice for communion.
In the NT, the word for wine is applied to fermented as well as
unfermented wine.

The wine that Jesus drank (and, for that matter, created) at the wedding in
Cana was definitely alcoholic.

You assert so, but give no evidence.

What about the evidence I gave?

Can you also show where in the New Testament the word _οἶνος_ is used to indicate something other than what we know as wine? (There is no such thing as non-alcholic wine.)

Alwyn

  • Re: relics
    ... Moving on to relics, we've got shrouds, from Turin; wine from the ... wedding at Cana, splinters from the true Cross Ι..then of course, ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: Family Circus (Feb 12)
    ... Cana had probably gone on for about two days when the wine ran out, ... that it was Mary who persuaded her son to reluctantly make some more. ... IIRC, the point was to let us know that we shouldn't feel estranged ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Family Circus (Feb 12)
    ... The way I understand it from the anti-wine folks, ... mentions wine in a positive way (the wedding at Cana, ... take wine for an upset stomach) aactually mean "unfermented grape juice", ... we were reminded that the wedding feast at ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: What is this word?
    ... or maybe Cena, Depends on area, and period. ... Cana? ... No bread, just wine. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Old Times
    ... There is no doubt that the wine at Cana was the BEST wine ever made, ... Pectin enzyme etc?? ... > suspect you'd have to go back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)