Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ

On 13/09/2010 14:30, Michael J Davis wrote:
Alwyn <alwyn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> was inspired to say
Anyone in doubt about Hitler's belief in God should read the following:
<http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerFaithGod.htm>

Most of the quotes are from Mein Kampf written 1925/26; the later ones
don't seem to me to the words of a convinced believer. I thought he'd
abandoned any form of faith in the early 30's.

The latest quotations there are from 1936. I see no reason to think that when hw proclaimed in the Reichstag: 'I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work.' he was not sincere; he had after all learnt his antisemitism in Catholic Vienna and it always had religious overtones for him. I also think it entirely plausible that when he told Cardinal von Faulhaber: 'Man cannot exist without belief in God.' he was expressing a deeply felt conviction.

Alwyn

  • Re: life on other planets ?
    ... Michael J Davis had written: ... where life could exist. ... Then we turned to the stars - now only hours away. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: What I Would Like
    ... Would you believe that here is Jeff endorsing such statements as:- ... "The Catholic Church is an institution that is the most perfect reflection of Our Lord." ... 2006 Michael J Davis - may be quoted in full for the purpose of reply. ...
    (uk.religion.interfaith)
  • Re: are Catholics Christians ?!
    ... Michael J Davis wrote: ... To bind us together in love and Unity to be His church - the one founded by Him. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: 7 Days
    ... Michael J Davis wrote: ... Whereas I should have cut to the chase and done a Google search for Gerald ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Nothing like arguing about the interpretation of scripture
    ... Michael J Davis wrote: ... That Eddington talked about electrons as if they're point particles ... in a popular science book one ...
    (uk.religion.christian)