Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ

Michael J Davis wrote:

Interesting that since you asked, we've had Hawkings' book and the
arguments and counter-arguments about his 'silly' statement. (Not silly
at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or
gullible public?).

It surprises me that his comments have got into the news. I think
journalists (who are not a very bright bunch) have decided that Hawking
is a kind of physics Pope and that his pronouncements have to be
disseminated and discussed no matter how every-day they are.

--
Needle, nardle, noo.

  • Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
    ... arguments and counter-arguments about his 'silly' statement. ... at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
    ... at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or ... imputing dubious motives to someone else? ... I didn't think that was 'dubious' motives, just a statement designed to attract publicity. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
    ... at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or ... journalists have decided that Hawking ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
    ... at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or ... imputing dubious motives to someone else? ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
    ... at all, but a shrewd bit of publicity, IMHO - is it gullible press or ... to attract publicity. ... for God as an explanation for cosmic fine tuning, ... designer concerned to make the laws of physics as nice as possible. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)