Re: 'Adulterers' Stoned To Death In Afghanistan!
- From: John R <truthseeker55@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:17:00 +0100
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 22:55:42 +0100, "1st Century Apostolic
Traditionalist" <broadband1234[remove]@ntlworld.com> wrote:
"John R" <truthseeker55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Believers Baptism - i agree with him, but am not as dogmatic on the
viewpoint. Whilst i don't think it is *essential* in the way he does
So you agree that he is wrong about believers' baptism.
In accordance with his interpretation of scripture, no, I don't think
he is. I think his argument is weak, and if he is correct then
justification is not by faith alone,
"24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith
only." James 2:24 (KJV)
"20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes
and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:20 (ESV)
So who is right then, Paul or James?
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wea have peace
with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1 NIV
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith?and this not
from yourselves, it is the gift of God? not by works, so that no one
can boast" Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
- Prev by Date: Re: Quiiting Christianity but not Christ
- Next by Date: Re: 'Adulterers' Stoned To Death In Afghanistan!
- Previous by thread: Re: 'Adulterers' Stoned To Death In Afghanistan!
- Next by thread: Re: 'Adulterers' Stoned To Death In Afghanistan!