Re: What exactly is the doctrine?

"Mark Goodge" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jla5641qp49p97kfqoojn0aog2u6dsn3ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:08:43 -0700 (PDT), The Real Doctor put finger
to keyboard and typed:

On 23 Jun, 18:40, Mark Goodge <use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Externally, no. That is, no outside influence can affect a person's
salvation. It's a matter of debate as to whether someone can
subsequently change their own salvation status.

Good heavens. So some evangelicals would say, would that, that
subsequently murdering someone wouldn't affect things?

They would say that it wouldn't affect the murderer's status before
God, yes. But then, that's the point of evangelical theology -
*nothing* can affect our status before God. We can't unearn salvation,
becase we could never earn it to begin with.

Mark

I think evangelical Christianity misunderstands.

It is true, that salvation is a gift, but it comes with terms. That our
works be good works.
.