Re: What exactly is the doctrine?

"Mark Goodge" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jla5641qp49p97kfqoojn0aog2u6dsn3ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:08:43 -0700 (PDT), The Real Doctor put finger
to keyboard and typed:

On 23 Jun, 18:40, Mark Goodge <use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Externally, no. That is, no outside influence can affect a person's
salvation. It's a matter of debate as to whether someone can
subsequently change their own salvation status.

Good heavens. So some evangelicals would say, would that, that
subsequently murdering someone wouldn't affect things?

They would say that it wouldn't affect the murderer's status before
God, yes. But then, that's the point of evangelical theology -
*nothing* can affect our status before God. We can't unearn salvation,
becase we could never earn it to begin with.

Mark

I think evangelical Christianity misunderstands.

It is true, that salvation is a gift, but it comes with terms. That our
works be good works.

  • Re: What exactly is the doctrine?
    ... It's an issue on which evangelicals disagree. ... sin in future is a common one, though I take it that 'conversion' in the ... So in evangelist doctrine is our salvation state known at/before birth? ... Others would say that it's a gift which is offered to ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Was "Re: What exactly is the doctrine?"
    ... If I confess Christ and commit my life to Jesus, ... I go around telling people that on Judgement day I am going to heaven? ... salvation purely in terms of the afterlife is missing some equally ... Some evangelicals follow Calvin, who believed that as soon as one is ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: What exactly is the doctrine?
    ... If I confess Christ and commit my life to Jesus, ... I go around telling people that on Judgement day I am going to heaven? ... salvation purely in terms of the afterlife is missing some equally ... Some evangelicals follow Calvin, who believed that as soon as one is ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Was "Re: What exactly is the doctrine?"
    ... If I confess Christ and commit my life to Jesus, ... I go around telling people that on Judgement day I am going to heaven? ... salvation purely in terms of the afterlife is missing some equally ... Some evangelicals follow Calvin, who believed that as soon as one is ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: What exactly is the doctrine?
    ... It's a matter of debate as to whether someone can ... subsequently change their own salvation status. ... Good heavens. ... Thus those evangelicals or others, can do and say whatever they ...
    (uk.religion.christian)