Re: Couple of questions.

Ken Down wrote:

However I take your overall point and admit that I didn't have such
circumstances in mind: after all, God would not ask us to do anything
illegal!

You're joking, right?

Indeed, but as I remark above, I had in mind more the sort of day to day
thing like being "forced" to always remember her birthday and our wedding
anniversary, like being obliged to eat broccoli more often than I would like
(and she, less often than she would like!), and so on.

From Gareth's point of view it would appear that these things are awful
impositions, little different to the sort of behaviour for which Simon
Legree was notorious.

Will you kindly stop telling untruths about me? Thank you.

--
Gareth McCaughan
..sig under construc

  • good quotes
    ... a religion or even a sect thereof. ... God is the thread that runs through all of them; ... "I do not want to get material life, do not want the sense-life, but ... and leave no place in the mind for anything else. ...
    (sci.logic)
  • Re: the final night
    ... > audible voice of God, and 2) God breaks in on a ... ie. not being directly led by another Christian. ... >> turn become violent myself, I made a vow to turn away from it the day I ... >> naturally logical mind. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Science, God, and Free Will
    ... driven by free will or God. ... Eccles's philosophy of mind: ... direct correlation between biology and 'mind'. ... has shown that the mind is created by the brain... ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Thoughts . . .
    ... I personally prefer a more thorough eclectic education to the very narrow catholic. ... 'Don't despair of my failings; God ... ready logic of mind, purity of heart and zeal; ... betokens an inexhaustible wealth in the nature which can invent, learn, ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: Thoughts . . .
    ... 'Don't despair of my failings; God ... ready logic of mind, purity of heart and zeal; ... the result of necessity, partly the result of exuberant invention, so ... betokens an inexhaustible wealth in the nature which can invent, learn, ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)