Re: The Devils Deception of Christianity

"nobody" wrote:

[me:]
The *supposed* crucifixion? I thought you were a Muslim,
in which case you're definitely supposed to think he was
really truly put on that cross. (Yes, I understand that
you also don't think he really died.)

["nobody":]
no in islam we believe Jesus is one of the mightiest messengers ever
to come to this earth.
to that claim that muslims truly believe in the Jesus being put on the
cross is unfound.

Oh yes. Please excuse me; I'd somehow picked up the idea
that the official Islamic position was that he *was*
crucified but didn't die. I'm not sure where I got that
from, but it certainly seems to be wrong. (Though it
also appears that *some* Muslims take that view, and
take "neither did they crucify him" in 4:157 to mean
"neither did they kill him by crucifixion".

You think they're standing guard? It doesn't look like it
to me.

why stand outside and watch him why not from inside, standing outside
to count stars? no
its a tactical decision which he tells them to keep watch. then when
he returns they are fast asleep and asked them you couldt simply keep
watch.

It's clear that he wanted them to stay awake with him.
But why suppose that he wanted them as a guard?

--
Gareth McCaughan
..sig under construc

  • Re: The Devils Deception of Christianity
    ... really truly put on that cross. ... take "neither did they crucify him" in 4:157 to mean ... its a tactical decision which he tells them to keep watch. ... logical reason. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: 3 shows in - yawn.
    ... big wooden cross on stage, i mean, it even had a spooky aura about it, ... that is what was making me laugh, when he said bob should crucify ... himself that would be sooooooo kewl, i was like, ... the holes in his hands like we were doubting Thomas's. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Anybody watch the Chicago - Arizona game Monday?
    ... before you crucify them, watch the Cardinal's collapse on Monday night ... Now *thats* a loss where heads ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Work For Your Love lyrics
    ... And I'll watch the bones in your back like the Stations of the Cross ... I watch you slip that comb through your hair, ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Its only really a sin if you dont know its a sin.
    ... We should teach responsible stewardship and then leave it up to the ... on a watch about 15 years ago and still wear it constantly, ... It was all abotu tak,ing up your cross and denying self. ... new private jet witht he promise that he would personally pray for those who ...
    (uk.religion.christian)