Re: How does one contact God?

Andrew McMullon wrote:

... ISTM that any of the traditional
experiences of God will be disallowed by the atheist out of hand.

I think it's a case of: I can't make (the required) sense out of the
traditional experiences, therefore I'm an atheist, rather than: I'm an
atheist therefore I can't make (the required) sense out of the
traditional experiences.

--
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.

  • An Islamic Theology - Part 3
    ... An Islamic Theology ... Messengers - A series of Messengers has been sent by God to all parts of the ... active in them they also display the Attributes of Allah. ... A verbal argument has to connect with experiences ...
    (soc.religion.islam)
  • Re: Theism is popular; what follows?
    ... don't apply to most Christians' interactions with ... However the more people who report similar experiences of Gareth Mc, ... ways that are obviously best explained by my real existence. ... Romans 1:20 asserts that what can be understood of God apart from revelation ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: So much for "teach the controversy", an antidote for "Expelled"
    ... i have already *been* through religion. ... decide to call god. ... coffee cup; therefore a coffee cup exists outside of my mind. ... experiences," but the second we try to you all shout "NO FAIR YOU ARENT ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: How to Believe in God
    ... possible for Time and the Universe to exist without a beginning. ... but it's still stupid to explain it with God." ... personal experiences, ... When I was a kid, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: How to Believe in God
    ... possible for Time and the Universe to exist without a beginning. ... but it's still stupid to explain it with God." ... personal experiences, ... The tasks ahead for neuroscience are daunting, ...
    (talk.origins)