Re: Apologies all round
- From: "Gordon Hudson" <gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:13:56 +0100
<David.Chapman887@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Following my comment
Now, as a direct result of the theology that I was expossed to at All
Souls, I am converting to Judaism and will appear before the Bet Din on
July 18, when God willing I will recieved as a Jew.
There must have been something seriously wrong with that theology!
To which I can only say very much so. It took the form of the Radical
Evangelicalism that we have seen developing over the past few years.
An increasing Fundamentalism is being developed within a section of the
evangelical movement. This movement is not only drawing tighter the
bounderies outside of which they will not move, it also denies the
validity of the Christianity of those who do not hold their views.
I tend to agree.
It could be summarised as "lets all be cabbages for Jesus!".
I also think that Christianity has lost out significantly by divorcing
itself from its Jewish roots.
For example, why do we celebrate Christmas and Easter (which are originally
pagan festivals) but not Passover or Tabernacles ?
Its an interesting subject.
- Prev by Date: Re: Kiwi jailed for his efforts to help the British think for themselves...
- Next by Date: Re: Conflicts, contrasts or differences between Catholics and Protestants in Great Britain
- Previous by thread: Re: Apologies all round
- Next by thread: Re: Apologies all round