Re: The family of God?
- From: "Kendall K. Down" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:32:50 GMT
In message <e0cds0$35u$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Paul Roberts" <p.t.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Simple - if you're 40+ and want to be part of the "in crowd", you need to be
married; preferably with a couple of kids in tow. The church doesn't know
how to deal with single people.
I disagree. In all the churches I have known, the majority of the members
are old and their children have long since departed. Single people are
common or even in the majority (usually widows, I admit), but just as common
or even more common are people who are single in the church because their
marriage partner does not share their faith.
If I may make a suggestion, don't go to the big, popular church with the
lively music and the hordes of beaming young faces. Go along to the little
chapel with four old ladies and the retarded grown-up son of one of them,
where the singing is from Hymns Ancient and Modern (with the emphasis on the
ancient) and accompanied by a badly played harmonium, and where everyone has
been attending since the chapel was founded in 1887.
1. You will receive a warm and hearty welcome.
2. You will find a real field for ministry.
Kendall K. Down
================ ARCHAEOLOGICAL DIGGINGS ===============
| Australia's premier archaeological magazine |
| http://www.diggingsonline.com |
- Prev by Date: Re: The family of God?
- Next by Date: Re: Out-dated theory
- Previous by thread: Re: The family of God?
- Next by thread: Re: The family of God?