Re: Leaking stern gear
- From: Brian on Harnser <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:48:15 GMT
It happens that angej41@xxxxxxxxxxx formulated :
On Jan 18, 10:38 pm, Brian on Harnser <br...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Sorry I can't help then, Although I have done the Llangollen more than once I don't know it intimately. There is the boat yard at Trevor, if they can’t do it they may be able to suggest some one else.After serious thinking ange...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote :
We were due to go into Ellesmere dry dock on March 11th to black our
bottom and have a leak sorted out in the stern gear. Now we find that
the locks at New Msrton will not open before March 13th. As we're
moored in Llangollen, we shan't be able to get to Ellesmere in time.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good engineer and a dry
dock in the area? We can skip the hull blaccking for a while, but need
to get the leak sorted soon.
When you say leaking do you mean between the tube and the hull, or just
the packing shot. If its the packing an experienced person should be
able to re-pack it in the water.
Hello Brian. It's between the tube and the hull--we've repacked it.
- Prev by Date: Re: Suggest a second experience for an American?
- Next by Date: Re: Suggest a second experience for an American?
- Previous by thread: Re: Leaking stern gear
- Next by thread: Re: Leaking stern gear