Navigation charges in Netherlands

I apologise, but I <blush> can't remember whether it is on Canals or
URW that Martin posts about his boating in the Netherlands.

So I'm posting this on both.

Anyway, I hope he can provide some more information the content of the
following extract of an email from a DBA member in that country:

"Subject: Dutch proposal for pleasurecraft tax

"According to an article recently published in the Dutch News Paper 'Het = Parool',
an official proposal has been made to impose a 'pleasure craft tax' on
all vessels in the Netherlands, private, hired, or foreign, in the
order of ?8/ m2.!!!, with exemption of boats measuring less than
10m2."

Adrian
..

Adrian Stott