Re: Roding navigation (Essex) : new weir and lock

Tim Lewis wrote:
I assume you mean the River Roding as in Barking Creek!

It is not a lock but a pair of Tidal gates which are only operated at
around high tide., not sure how wide the opening is though.

Tim

Confusing. You need to see the pics on FUBC - the a picture of an
information board located at the end of Jenkins lane says "Cuckhold's
Haven". And shows marked "a New Weir and Lock" - roughly at
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=544086&Y=183304&A=Y&Z=2
position.

--
Ron Jones
Process Safety & Development, Alfa Aesar Avocado Lancaster UK

  • Re: thread concurrency (c language, Unix sistem)
    ... t2 delete txt1. ... get lock; unlink txt1; release lock ... there's a very good reason not to use a mutex: ... the universe. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Locks and Quays No.10
    ... lock 1 and the time bar quickly scans through to the end.. ... still had the original capture file. ... and I'm not certain about the universe. ...
    (uk.rec.waterways)
  • Re: river lee overnight mooring
    ... lock, and then along the Hertford cut and through London to the GU. ... My last trip was Waltham Common ... The universe and human stupidity; ...
    (uk.rec.waterways)
  • Re: Traffic levels on The Grand Union Canal at Brentford
    ... the only aspect of their wellbeing I'm concerned about. ... In my experience swans do not like tavelling through locks with boats, ... into a lock with some swans already in it, and they can't wait to swim out, ... The universe and human stupidity; ...
    (uk.rec.waterways)