Re: Is there a walking Medic in the house?

"C J Craig" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d208241a50.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In message <7223d$496524a6$50e5af86$11891@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Eurofeeds" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:

"Jhimmy" <cobalt_blueuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Eurofeeds" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
At 55 I had been looking forward to a retirement that included lots of
walking. For me up until recently a walk, meant 15-25 mls, and I didn't
consider it worth turning out for less than 15mls.

Now I struggle beyond 8mls, unelss the terrain is hilly (which it isn't
here in E Yorkshire). A discomfort creeps into the joint between my right
thigh and hip and a numbness in the thigh muscle and skin between the
knee and hip. A recent walk is typical, the discomfort came in after 8
mls of flat/level walking, then came a steep hill for 5 mins. It was as
if a switch was trown, the discomforst and numbness instantly vanished
for the 5-10 mins it took to climb out of the valley onto the Wol;ds
tops, then it crept back in again.

[snip]

Could it be this? Do you wear a belt or corset for your back trapping
lateral femoral cutaneous nerve?

http://www.londonpainconsultants.com/articles/2006/10/14/meralgia_paresthetica/

Chris
--
C J Craig

Chris at skipton dot demon dot co dot uk
Iyonix ARM XScale computer Risc OS 5.11

Thats sounds spot on, will print it out and discuss with phyio and GP - thanks

  • Is there a walking Medic in the house?
    ... A discomfort creeps into the joint between my right thigh and hip and a numbness in the thigh muscle and skin between the knee and hip. ... A recent walk is typical, the discomfort came in after 8 mls of flat/level walking, then came a steep hill for 5 mins. ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Is there a walking Medic in the house?
    ... For me up until recently a walk, meant 15-25 mls, and I didn't ... the discomfort came in after 8 ... mls of flat/level walking, then came a steep hill for 5 mins. ... Chris at skipton dot demon dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Is there a walking Medic in the house?
    ... For me up until recently a walk, meant 15-25 mls, and I didn't ... mls of flat/level walking, then came a steep hill for 5 mins. ... Chris at skipton dot demon dot co dot uk ... Reminds me of the chap at the top of the street, he's a car mechanic and hates it when someone brings a car in to his garage and says "there's something wrong with the car." ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Is there a walking Medic in the house?
    ... For me up until recently a walk, meant 15-25 mls, and I didn't ... mls of flat/level walking, then came a steep hill for 5 mins. ... Chris at skipton dot demon dot co dot uk ... Reminds me of the chap at the top of the street, he's a car mechanic and hates it when someone brings a car in to his garage and says "there's something wrong with the car." ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: My first race ...
    ... > trails in Anchorage. ... > walking a DOWN hill (they were walking cuz of steepness, ... > obvious they hadn't practiced downhill running. ... Drafting off Dot. ...
    (rec.running)