- From: Robert E A Harvey <robertharvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:57:27 +0000 (UTC)
Government has refused PGI status to the Lincolnshire sausage, on the
curious grounds that 95% are made outside the county.
But the proponents do themselves no favours:
"According to the LSA, an authentic Lincolnshire sausage should contain a
minimum 70% of coarse ground or minced pork, packed in natural casings
and flavoured with sage."
Make that a higher percentage, and put the black pepper back, and I might
come on side with them.
You need about 5% to 10% rusk to keep the shape and absorb the fat when
cooking, but not 30%.
- Prev by Date: Re: Lifes great mysteries volume 536
- Next by Date: Re: Eternal-September
- Previous by thread: The wonders of the Private Sector
- Next by thread: Re: Sossidge fraud