Re: I can see this...

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:06:26 +0100, snipe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sn!pe)
wrote:

Frank Erskine <frank.erskine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And all seeming simpler than they were 100 years ago. No turnups, ties are
dying out (?) ... and that's just the men.

I never saw any point in turnups (or turnips, for that matter).

They're for transporting notes around the classroom when old Robbo
the maths master goes wandering around as he teaches.

I wore short trousers until, I goove, the third form.

AND had a leather satchel. I always wanted a haversack (sports bags
hadn't been invented in those days), but Mum wouldn't let me have one.

--
Frank Erskine
MJBC, OETKBC

  • Re: I can see this...
    ... I never saw any point in turnups (or turnips, for that matter). ... Turnips are okay, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: diagonal argument on ordered array of reals
    ... In article, Ten Letters ... Meaning after all infinitely many listed numbers have been passed over? ... It doesn't matter where in a list a number appears, ... It would appear that you know a god deal more about turnips than ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: JSH: Sobering invention, surrogate factoring
    ... Years ago Turnips thought to myself as Turnips argued with mathematicians ... matter of the theory moving further into practicality. ... my slimy research in this area. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: JSH: Sobering invention, surrogate factoring
    ... Years ago Turnips thought to myself as Turnips argued with mathematicians ... matter of the theory moving further into practicality. ... my slimy research in this area. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • JSH: Sobering invention, surrogate factoring
    ... Years ago Turnips thought to Turnip as Turnips argued with mathematicians ... Now, it's odd to have an invention of Turnip slimy own factoring method, ... matter of the theory moving further into practicality. ... Turnip slimy research in this area. ...
    (sci.math)