Re: CRBs for all Trustees?

"Ewan Scott" <ewanscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:n7o703h7t999anp500flnb7asb2p7om5kn@xxxxxxxxxx
SNIP
At the end of a warrant period when it comes up for renewal it is
practice, certainly here, to CRB check people. I'd be alarmed if it
were otherwise.

Is that ALL or just those that have not been previously checked.

Why would you be alarmed. Surely if someone has been in Scouting years and
were deemed OK with the checks in place at the time and they have done
nothing to change that since - why the need to check.

What would you do if something came up. Not something that HQ said "Do not
appoint", but a simple theft 15 years ago and they have been in Scouting 10
years.

You mention Warrant - so how often are you going to check those that are not
warranted so do not have an expiry date on the appointment etc.

I have no problems with using CRB for a check with a view to appoint but not
to continually check.

DaveB
West Yorks

  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... practice, certainly here, to CRB check people. ... appoint", but a simple theft 15 years ago and they have been in Scouting 10 ... You mention Warrant - so how often are you going to check those that are not ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs
    ... new CRB when there isn't a change of LEA. ... Okay (similar issue to scouting), let's just confirm our understanding here. ... risk - is this person suitable to be a guider and do they pose any potential ... If that child is given adult responsibilties to exercise ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRB Checking 16-18 year olds
    ... That is the line I am sticking to, TSA has not said it, ISA has not said it, CRB has not said it so far it is just what some people think and that doesn't make it inevitable. ... guiding or scouting) has written a very strong letter to the CRB, ... the ISA applies to all 16-18 year olds and would cover those in YL ... One hopes not and whilst we all know resistance is futile hopefully ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: ecrb
    ... the VBS would mean that all yp in scouting aged 16-18 years would need ... to be crb checked. ... I asked around in scouting if this was true. ... by law because they were in a position of supervisory responsibility. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: What would you do?
    ... 'For scouting' or 'is a scouting event'? ... if you plan to use someone for an activity then they should be CRB ... adults just turned 18 don't need that same CRB. ... contact there will always be the odd time when there is no supervision ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)