Re: CRBs for all Trustees?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:23:16 +0000, marc
<initialdotsurname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ewan Scott wrote:
On 23 Mar 2007 06:02:46 -0700, "Eddie_b" <edward.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 21 Mar, 12:57, Ewan Scott <ewansc...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 05:15:12 -0700, "Steve" <steviephil...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Seems odd that those who seem
so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement.
What legal requirement ?
I thought that it was a legal requirement that those who worked with
young people were CRB cleared.It has been presented as such to me both
by Scouting and the local authority.

If it isn't then WTF is it about?

Ewan Scott
I thought that the only people being CRB'ed were those joining. Those
already "in" did not need to be checked. Afterall, CRB has no
validity, it is just a report that when checks were made nothing (or
something) was found.

If it has no explicit validity, then it can not need to be renewed
(although I know of organisations with policy that people must be
checked every 2 or 3 years.) If it did have a validity then one would
not need to apply for a new one with each change of role/involvement/
location within the organisation.

I should imagine that many leaders still have never been checked. And
the same I believe goes for teachers, or certainly did until recently.

I certainly read recently that there was no requirement to
retrospectively/periodically check all leaders.

At the end of a warrant period when it comes up for renewal it is
practice, certainly here, to CRB check people. I'd be alarmed if it
were otherwise.

Ewan Scott
As a Scout leader I follow the principles of the yellow card. That means
that I am ( and should be) monitoring the leaders and adults around me.
The local rag would love to make an issue of any adult that was accused
( let alone convicted) of any sort mis conduct either financially or
otherwise of a a Scout leader ans would make sure it was headline news.
So, we have a leader was was recruited and underwent a recruitment check
( CRB or otherwise) and is then admitted into the movemnet locally
where their behaviour is to be monitored by me. I would feel grossly
insulted if it that leader was then made to undergo a retrospective CRB
check. That gives me the message that I'm not following the yellow card,
that I'm not to be trusted and that someoen somehwere else knows better
than I do about the people I have been workig with. As soon as i am
asked to fill out a CRB I will poit out the waste of time and money that
is involved, fill it out, wait for it to return clean ( which it will)
and then resign.

So, had our chap in West Yorks not ben asked to fill out the CRB, he
would in all probability have been a Leader still, and possibly still
have committed the offence....

Sorry, but I'm afraid that we are not always the best judge of our
peers.Almost every person who has ever breached trust has always been
said by his peers to not having shown any signs of being unusual in
any way.

Ewan Scott

  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... Ewan Scott wrote: ... so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement. ... Afterall, CRB has no ... we have a leader was was recruited and underwent a recruitment check and is then admitted into the movemnet locally where their behaviour is to be monitored by me. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... Ewan Scott wrote: ... so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement. ... Afterall, CRB has no ... If it has no explicit validity, then it can not need to be renewed ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement. ... Afterall, CRB has no ... If it has no explicit validity, then it can not need to be renewed ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement. ... Afterall, CRB has no ... If it has no explicit validity, then it can not need to be renewed ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... so keen on local rules are failing on a national Legal requirement. ... Well according to the the CRB webpage at ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)