Re: CRBs for all Trustees?

Pete wrote:
Sorry if I'm reigniting an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this...?

At our Group Exec last night one of the members produced a quote from a Charity Commission document which stated all Trustees should be CRB checked. After discussion, our SiC agreed to check with the Info Centre, but as far as we all knew it was SA policy that only the Officers (Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) needed to be checked. (Ignoring the fact that all the leaders will have been checked anyway.)

A phone call to the Info Centre this afternoon has revealed that from September, all members of the Group Exec will need to be CRBed (ie now includes parent reps, fundraisers & other nominated persons).

Was anyone else aware of this - have a missed something somewhere along the line?

Pete

Mmmm....not something I recall seeing here before, and it sounds like some new guidelines. Should make for some interesting discussions.

I had always assumed that the CRB was for any/extended unsupervised access any adult may have with the children in our charge. But this seems to suggest that any adult associated with Scouting should be checked.

Hopefully something will appear in the Scouting magazine shortly to confirm/deny/substantiate this new requirement.

--
David Patrick
ADC (Communications)

  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... Charity Commission document which stated all Trustees should be CRB ... all members of the Group Exec will need to be CRBed (ie now ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... Charity Commission document which stated all Trustees should be CRB checked. ... all members of the Group Exec will need to be CRBed (ie now ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: CRBs for all Trustees?
    ... Charity Commission document which stated all Trustees should be CRB ... all members of the Group Exec will need to be CRBed (ie now ... Scout Leader, 20th Dundee ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Child abuse is OK with IOC?
    ... In the other you have abuse, because there is no possibility of a juvenile giving informed consent, & every possibility of a kid doing potentially injurioius things simply to please or placate an adult. ... If however there were some twits & others unfamiliar with the activity & with whom they chose not to share their knowledge of the dangers involved - thus effectively denying them the opportunity for giving informed consent - I suspect the under-informed members of the party would be able to seek a remedy at law. ... Similarly, while an adult coach might abuse an adult rower, that rower, being an adult, does have a number of ways of dealing with the situation which are simply not available to a child. ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)
  • OA question-
    ... available for elections (next year we should have 4 candidates). ... This gives the scouts ability to make more OA ... What we have been trying to do is place 1 adult per year, ... members elected, as per lodge rules. ...
    (rec.scouting.usa)